View Single Post
Old 06-24-2019, 01:58   #11
Little Fish
Asset

Quote:
Originally Posted by harryd56 View Post
I don't normally reply on threads like this because I don't like politics and retired because of politics on the post I was serving at the time. There is no place for it in the military and that's all there is too it however, I'm not so dumb to think that it has not always been there and will not always be there to some degree somewhere in the rank and file.
With that said let me add my .02 if I may. I was assigned to an SF Group for a short period of time and became enthralled with "The Force." So much so that had I not come down on orders I would probably have retired from there. These men took me under their wing when they saw how interested I was in them and their way of life, and how concerned I was for the well being of their stomachs (Fd Svc Sgt) and began to enlighten me to their way of life through comaraderie and cross training and I will be forever greatful. I took the Q Course through correspondance and passed with flying colors but I would never ever, ever disgrace the memories of the fallen and my friends by sewing a long tab on my class a's or fatiques, and anybody that does should be considered a poser right off the bat. You CANNOT be a Green Beret through correspondance or the class room, you have to fight for it with your mind body and spirit, and then you live it, breath it and never ever quit it.

Let the world know who the Quiet Professionals are gentleman, it's alright to let your guard down on that one situation. They don't have to know how you do what you do but they should be allowed to know that there are soldiers out there in the world that make the world a better place wherever they go. That there is no gang graffiti left on walls or anywhere else these soldiers have fought and served. That if we employed more of these men in our schools after they retire we would have some of the brightest students in the world, with some of the strongest ethics a human being can posses, hopefully creating a nation of unified young adults to fill the ranks of these men. And if we had more of them to run for local, state and federal office we wouldn't have gangs running sections of our cities, and terrorist' threatening our freedom, or innocent people being shot through the walls of their homes in drive-by's. We wouldn't be losing jobs to foreign nations without gaining something in return, and we certainly wouldn't be apologizing to anybody for anything.
And you young soldiers out there now, don't think for one minute that you can be a Green Beret because some puke in D.C. published an order and said it was alright for you to sew on THE TAB because you completed the course thru paper, I threw an Army recruiter out of my house in 1995 for telling my son he would be a Green Beret within 6 months and would have killed him had it not been for my wife and my common sense along with a overwhelming feeling of sorrow that he had been taught by somebody to say that, but I know that somebody had never served in an SF Group.
If they ever do, you are going to be in trouble and we as a people will be headed down the tubes real fast. There was a guy a few years back lurking here that claimed he was authorized to wear the tab because he completed the correspondance course and had served with a reserve group and was scuba, jump, etc, etc qualified - WRONG ANSWER JAKE _ you are not and never will be with that attitude.

I hope I haven't overstepped my bounds

By the way gents I do where a ball cap with The Crest on it, and I do have a sweat shirt with The Crest on it, and I do admit to serving you, and I do admit to being damn proud of it, and I will never, ever stop supporting your efforts wherever you and I may be.
Beautifully said.

Looking for Richard L Vanderzwalm
Little Fish is offline   Reply With Quote