View Single Post
Old 06-28-2004, 20:47   #15
Sponge
Quiet Professional

Needle D, I was in 2-03 and we also were denied from taking the NREMT-P. In fact, one of my classmates who was a paramedic on the outside world attempted over several months to pull the strings and make the calls necessary to get some students into a test. He had established a testing site that had room for them on a certain date, collected money and paid the fees, then a few weeks before the testing he was told that the SOCM course is no longer recognized by the NR as an accredited school. I'll have to find him at school and find out who told him that again. A few poor guys lost some bucks on that one. The only certification I have that will work on the outside is my NREMT-B. I do have a fancy certification of competence issued by U.S. SOC Department of Emergency Medical Services and Public Health. According to the signatures of the USSOCOM EMS coordinator and the USSOCOM EMS medical director I'm paramedic qualified. This means nada in the civilian world, unfortunately. I'll run by the SOMTB tomorrow morning and see if I can get the latest update on the situation from the instructors and students.
Sponge is offline   Reply With Quote