Thread: FNP45
View Single Post
Old 12-29-2011, 16:12   #4
Arma Viri
BANNED USER

Quote:
Originally Posted by Streck-Fu View Post
Perhaps manufacturing or design deserves the blame but yes, issues.

Early models had suffered some cracks near the trigger assembly....or some claim as such.

Now you've mentioned, I indeed recall that! You're right. The S&W M&P had the same problems.

Like some trigger housing assembly cracks on the SCARs...it happens.

The stock seems to be a failure as well, and I have my doubts about its pencil thin barrel, and there's of course the reciprocating charging handle. That isn't much of a problem with the 5.56 version -still one needs to be careful of course-, but it could break your fingers on the 7.62. It can be remedied though by just switching it to the other side.

No offense, but I specifically asked for the experienced to comment to learn more about how they hold up under use. I have handled and shot the FNP45 tactical and already know I like it. I'm wanting to know if they are holding up well or are they as good at 5k+ rounds as they are at 500.
No problem, I understand your request and thatswhy I posted the experience my Army friend has to your question. I met him during my time at military academy. In The Netherlands, Infantry Cadets receive a good portion of their basic training from the Commando's (the Dutch Army SF), so hence his experience on this gun. The Dutch SF have their own G7, so they basically have every small arms system in their inventory, in very small quantities though but they have 'em. That's all I can tell you from "operator experience" [in the Dutch military]. Because as far as I know, no other military has adopted the FNP-45 yet.
Arma Viri is offline   Reply With Quote