View Single Post
Old 05-31-2012, 19:10   #4
Cowboy 1968
Asset

Ken Aden For Congress

I made the following post on a Missouri TV station's website re: Mr. Aden's claim to be a former Green Beret
"I have read in other articles that Mr. Aden (Democratic Candidate for Congress from Ark.) claims to have been a member of the Army's Special Forces. Often referred to as the Green Berets, they are a small and close-knit group of men who earned the right to wear this distinctive piece of headgear. Since it was designated as their official "Badge of Courage" by President John F. Kennedy, many have tried to become a member of this Unit and earn the right to wear its title. I do not know Mr Aden personally and therefore, I am interested to learn when he (Mr. Aden) earned his Green Beret and what Special Forces Groups he was assigned to and when.
"The American flag does not wave because the wind moves past it. The American flag waves from the last breath of each military member who has died protecting it. American soldiers don't fight because they hate what's in front of them...they fight because they love what's behind them." - unknown
Cowboy 1968 is offline   Reply With Quote