View Single Post
Old 09-29-2018, 20:08   #51
Airbornelawyer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Badger52 View Post
Must say, we end up watching Brewers games because of the selling off of games to MLB cartel. It's the only way to see Cubs because the local Fox station covers all Brewers games, and replays 'em for shift workers. They look like such a different team this year. That kid Yelich is a GOOD lookin' ball player and imo one of the very best acquisitions they've made. He has great traditional baseball career written on him if he keeps his stuff together.
Another reason I like Yelich, which I didn't mention in my earlier post, and which is unrelated to his baseball talent, is the evident pride he has in his Marine brother, which he noted both in the Marlins exhibition game at Fort Bragg a few years back and during the World Baseball Classic. Sgt. Cameron Yelich got to throw out the first pitch at yesterday's game, and see his brother have a pretty good game.

A fun scenario would be for the Rockies and Brewers to take their divisions, and the defending NL Central and NL West forced into a single-elimination wildcard game.

I'm kind of conflicted, in that as a long-time Northern Virginia resident, I am rooting for the Nats over the Rockies, but at the same time I'd like the Rockies to win the NL East, because I am tired of the Dodgers and LA in general.
Airbornelawyer is offline   Reply With Quote