View Single Post
Old 05-01-2012, 15:24   #9
Richard
Quiet Professional

Quote:
I don't want a diverse workplace, I want everyone to be the same...competent and professional. Either you can do it or you can't.
NAVSPECWARCOM seems to disagree in part with such a position:

Quote:
We absolutely have a need for operational diversity. Our mission is more easily accomplished if we have people with the cultural and racial identities that allow us to create lasting relationships to better understand our partner forces.
Quote:
Our real mission is to make sure the SEAL/SWCC opportunity is open to anyone.
Quote:
Despite the recruitment effort, the command says training standards are not being lowered.
I think this makes sense if (1) this is, indeed, their reasoning and (2) they do what they say they're going to do.

Seems to me like an extension of our "Lodge Act" thinking which filled the ranks of SF in its early Cold War days.

I'll be interested to see how it actually turns out.

And so it goes...

Richard
“Sometimes the Bible in the hand of one man is worse than a whisky bottle in the hand of (another)… There are just some kind of men who – who’re so busy worrying about the next world they’ve never learned to live in this one, and you can look down the street and see the results.” - To Kill A Mockingbird (Atticus Finch)

“Almost any sect, cult, or religion will legislate its creed into law if it acquires the political power to do so.” - Robert Heinlein
Richard is offline   Reply With Quote