View Single Post
Old 01-21-2016, 21:49   #11
PSM
Area Commander

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paslode View Post
That and there could be a legal definition or law of what is considered a legitimate rape. I cannot think of a legitimate reason to rape someone, but there are laws that define where you have legitimate case of rape.
I don't know how long you've lived in Kansas, but I was largely raised in a community of original settlers to the area. "Old wives tales" prevailed. It's not that rape was "legitimate", it's that it happened. Parents (mother's really) didn't want their daughters to die from having an abortion (I had a great aunt that did) plus it was not morally acceptable to have an abortion. So I assume that the fear/adrenaline interruption of pregnancy was posed for miscarriages, that were rather common, and "act of God" was offered as explanations for live births. BTW, such laws, written or not, were still enforced at the end of a rope in my grandmother's day.

Pat

"The limits of tyrants are prescribed by the endurance of those whom they oppress." -- Frederick Douglass

"The bigger the government, the smaller the citizen." -- Dennis Prager

"The urge to save humanity is almost always only a false-face for the urge to rule it." --H.L. Mencken

Last edited by PSM; 01-21-2016 at 22:47.
PSM is offline   Reply With Quote