Thread: E & E Kit
View Single Post
Old 11-26-2005, 15:37   #1
SOC Tab
BANNED USER

E & E Kit

Before I begin, I'd like to say that my wife gave birth to a healthy, 5 lb., 13 oz., baby boy last night! Our first...so I'm overjoyed.

Now onto business...

I've been thinking of re-organizing my E & E bag. Thought I'd pull from the pool here and see what others have/want in their kit. Searched the forum and didn't find an E&E specific thread. Please advise if one's out there already/remove this thread.

To keep this simple in concept yet challenge our minds, let's say you have the following guidelines to follow:

1.) We'll say the bag itself is roughly: 10" H x 11.5" W x 5.25" D.

2.) You can ONLY choose 12 (seems like a nice even figure) pieces of gear, any gear you'd like/think is a MUST have during E&E.(Take into acct the gear you would already carry on your persons and concentrate on E&E.)

3.) For all intensive purposes we'll say that this is the kit to beat all kits. So, this is THEE kit you will assemble to deploy with and employ anywhere/anytime, and must be adaptable to multiple situations and environments.

I know what I put in my E&E bags depending on a given AO. Reason I started this thread is because that in the past I've tried to build an all-purpose E&E kit, and then go over scenarios in my mind afterwards, coming to find out that I always wanted to add a couple pcs. here and there.

My intentions for this thread is to see what we come up with. When limiting the pcs. of kit to 12, it forces us to think of necessary and invaluable pcs. of gear that are versatile and can serve more that 1 purpose. Thus allowing you to keep the overall kit fairly light, compact and user friendly when you have to get out of dodge in a hurry.
SOC Tab is offline   Reply With Quote