Thread: Bug Out Bags
View Single Post
Old 03-07-2010, 09:51   #4
DevilSide
Guerrilla

I don't have a BOB, but in light of this topic and your "wake up call", its really something to consider. I'd say I have most of the stuff I need around the house, I'm prepared for hurricanes, blackouts, and break ins as they are the most common events in Florida. There is a first aid kit in my closet along with one of those retractable batons. I keep a decent knife nearby, not one of those fold out ones, mine's built to last. I have a cell phone, my brother owns a GPS and a M9 and we also keep some MRE's around, not many but it would last us about 2 weeks. Also got some basic tools around the house should we ever need them. If in a hurricane, depending on the severity and path is how we would make our decision. We could wait out some rain and a little flooding, but with something on the level of Katrina, I would possibly try evacuating using backroads with the GPS because the interstate would likely be crowded with early birds and fleeing tourists *and I live in a heavily populated area*, but I'm not too sure where we would go, possibly a hotel in a safe zone as the evacuation site. If not possible, we can wait it out like we would a blackout the best we could. If anyone tried to break in there are more than enough weapons close by and I trust my brother's weapons skills *is a Marine* and if I were by myself I am capable of using the M9, but not sure about the legal stuff as I'm a minor without any kind of permit, I would still use it. If any other situation arose, I'm confident we could survive substantially, but I will take what I've learned and better the organization and have a solid plan. Thanks for the good post, is an eye opener for sure.
The general who advances without coveting fame and retreats without fearing disgrace, whose only thought is to protect his country and do good service for his sovereign, is the jewel of the kingdom - Sun Tzu
DevilSide is offline   Reply With Quote