View Single Post
Old 04-17-2016, 20:43   #24
RedLegGI
Auxiliary

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlagDayNCO View Post
What are your trying to do, put a uniform together? There are plenty of pictures on line and in books.
It's actually for personal knowledge as I run across these uniforms at surplus shops and ebay (read as minefield). I find personal accounts of use from a legit source very valuable but I do absolutely rely on pictures as well. When I'm not sure on something or have questions I try to ask here as you guys are the best source available.

I used to collect WWII US uniforms, helmets, gear etc. When I got back from Iraq I changed focus to items used down range in OEF and OIF. I used to collect just regular Army stuff but kept bumping in to special forces uniforms, helmets and a smattering of other things. I was just regular army so a lot of this was completely new and unknown to me.

I like to try and find out some history of items I pick up so it can stay with them. Sometimes I get a complete background others its just assumptions. That being said I honestly do appreciate you guys taking the time to comment and give some insight.
RedLegGI is offline   Reply With Quote