View Single Post
Old 11-18-2004, 19:31   #17
Ambush Master
Quiet Professional

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ambush Master
Let's see, back to the CS !!! Next, Cycalos and the "White Mice !!!"
OK, first a definition: "White Mice" (WM) the Viet equivalent of our MPs. They picked up the handle because of the white helmet liners, spats and gloves that they wore, coupled with the fact that they could not really bother us any more than a mouse could.

Set the scenario: There were about 5-6 of us Recon types down in Nha Trang on stand-down. A few of us decided to not check in at the transient barracks (that way no-one would be looking for us if anything happened in the compound) and we went into town just before the gates got locked down. We had been having a pretty good party when somewhere around midnight the WM raided the establishment that we were in !!

We had them out-gunned, but we decided it would be much more simple to just E&E them. We escaped over a blind wall (not accessable from the streets) and made our way over the rooftops to a sidestreet that was not covered by the WM. There,we hailed a Cycalo (a three wheeled motorized version of a rickshaw) and made good our escape. We made it about 200m from the "bust" and were spotted !!! The chase was on !!

With about 3-4 Jeeps in hot pursuit, we hauled ass. Things were starting to look pretty grim and I knew that if this kept up for very much longer, the US MPs would join in and then it would be a very long and unplesant night. I remembered that I had my Insect Repellent Bottle with CS Powder in it and one of the others had their's too !!! We took the lids off, stuck them out and to the rear of the cab and layed down a cloud of CS !!!!!

The Jeeps started swerving from side to side and finally all of them crashed into the buildings on both sides of the road !! We made good our escape and retired to another establishment that welcomed our money and good charm !!

Remember, WAR when viewed backwards stands for Recon Always Wins !!

We fought hard, but partied HARDER !!!

Later
Martin