View Single Post
Old 05-18-2016, 21:24   #5
xollie316
Quiet Professional

Quote:
Originally Posted by Team Sergeant View Post
You're a nice person, I'm not, I would have killed him before I returned him to the United States.

I read enough stories from the lads in his unit, I think they would have killed him also.
I certainly understand the sentiment and don't besmirch others for that opinion.

My conclusion has been that the members of his former unit 'thinking' that he was a coward and traitor is not a conviction nor did they know for certain the events that led to his leaving that base. What if they were wrong? Did he leave a note saying he was starting a new life or did he not?

We know now (in all likelihood) they were correct, however I think it would have been a very dangerous precedent to set.

If there is even the slightest chance he was a legitimate POW than like I said, hell and high water. Sort it out when he is home.

Additionally, I prefer to see American citizens tried and convicted in the US, no matter their crimes.

That said... screw him. He's a coward and a traitor I hope he gets exactly what is coming to him.