View Single Post
Old 08-20-2011, 17:40   #1
Eagle5US
Quiet Professional

Question Rocket Fin Sizeing / "SCUBA Boot" options

Size 13 boot -> 14/15 sneaker = XXL Rocket fins?

Heading to DMO in Feb and (hopefully) just bought the right size off of Amazon. I wrote the school - they have the "one size fits all" Rockets.

I'll have limited time to fin once I get back from deployment, but I can start doing flutter kicks with them on NOW

Also looking at getting a pair of the new Oakley MAROPS / SCUBA boot. Has drainholes in the soles and whatnot - would be better on the deck than booties. Any input would be appreciated.
I haven't "officially finned" in Rockets in 20 years. Am mildly concerned with the bootlaces laces on the forefoot, though I remember the coral booties we used to wear way back when were "OK" to fin in and felt a LOT better than finning in Jungles.

Thanks-

Ain't no one getting out of this world alive. All you can do is try to have some choice in the way you go. Prepare yourself (and your affairs), and when your number is up, die on your feet fighting rather than on your knees. And make the SOBs pay dearly."
The Reaper-3 Sep 04
Eagle5US is offline   Reply With Quote