Thread: Sfuwo
View Single Post
Old 10-08-2009, 23:02   #46
ZonieDiver
Quiet Professional

Moving upriver, we were "energetic" - but moving back "downriver," many were quite tired after a hard day in "de yungle"!
Pic #1 - Upriver - I thought the flag looked cool. SGT Pierce - with back to camera and SGT Mallory - with arm up.
Pic #2 - Downriver - Our 193rd Inf Bde support troops are exhausted. (Little did I know that within about 6 months, I'd BE in the 193rd). Our Det XO 1LT Killum is standing, getting a drink of water.
Pic #3 - With sleeping 193rd troops off to the sides, four of my fellow team members discuss the day's events. Sitting on the gunwhale to the left is our acting Team Sgt - SFC Hoagland. Next to him, wearing a beret, is Sgt Greene - who was due to DEROS, but waiting for his pregnant wife to "drop" - he was on "permanent CQ" but wanted to join us that day for a change of scenery. On his left, sans beret, is Sgt Pierce - who graduated from Wpns training and Phase III with me. Standing is SGT Halliday <sp> (soon to be SSG and have a heart attack at the NCO Academy - and I had to travel out to his apartment past "Check-Point Charlie" on the way to Porto Belo and give his wife the news).
#4 - I think that is SSG Steele, the JOTC Operations Committee NCOIC racked out on the way back, with SGT Pierce having moved to the stern and falling asleep in a rather precarious position.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg LCM-flag.jpg (12.0 KB, 47 views)
File Type: jpg LCM-LtK.jpg (13.7 KB, 55 views)
File Type: jpg LCM-ODA.jpg (14.4 KB, 62 views)
File Type: jpg LCM-Rtn.jpg (13.4 KB, 50 views)

Last edited by ZonieDiver; 10-09-2009 at 01:30.
ZonieDiver is offline   Reply With Quote