View Single Post
Old 05-15-2005, 10:56   #6
EarthPig2/75
Asset

Chapman Hall

I received this photo this morning from a Brother who is over seas. This sign hangs at Camp Vance, Bagram Air Field, Afghanistan. It was good to see that my friend is not forgotten. I don't know how many of you had the honor to serve with Nate, but I will tell you that he was a good dude, a great friend, and one of the best warriors I ever had the privilege to serve with. Nate was in my squad in 2nd Ranger Battalion.

We were close during my stay there, but for some reason, we lost contact with each other after I had been out for a few years. I tracked down his parents, shortly after his death. They live a few hours from here. Unfortunately, they were not home when I dropped by, but I left a package of old squad photos and a lengthy letter on their doorstep. I received a very touching call from his dad when he found it. I hope to get back over there and meet them in person someday. Strange how a simple picture of a sign can bring the tears back so quickly. Rest Easy, Brother. You are not forgotten.

RLTW
EP

PS: Thanks to Team Sarnt for the photo assist!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg ChapmanHall2.jpg (49.0 KB, 230 views)