Thread: Introductions V
View Single Post
Old 11-02-2018, 20:56   #2472
Khyber
Asset

Howdy,

First and foremost, thanks for allowing me to be a guest on this site. I have spent a majority of the past 72 hours digesting the wealth of information present on this forum.

My background -

I am 24 year old civilian from Texas with one semester left in graduate school and I’m very seriously considering enlisting as an 18X after graduation.

For my Bachelors I majored in Political Science, History, and Arabic Studies. My Masters degree is in International Affairs with an emphasis on National Security & Diplomacy, Cybersecurity, and the Middle East.

I have lived abroad, in two Middle Eastern countries and one South American country for extended periods of time. My Arabic is advanced, my Spanish is serviceable enough to get me through basic day to day stuff in a foreign country, and I started learning Farsi a few months ago.

The closer I get to graduation, the less a cushy cybersecurity job in Austin or an analyst job in D.C. appeals to me. A mentor of mine with connections in the SOF community recommended I look into serving either as a PJ or in the SF.

After much in-depth research and soul-searching, I’ve decided that I am far more interested in and passionate about the primary mission objectives of the SF, which is what brings me to this forum.

Although I’m a gym-rat, my running ability isn’t where it needs to be for any potential questions I’d have to even be relevant, so I don’t intend to ask questions on this board for quite some time. I’m just here to learn and soak up as much information as I can whenever I’m not out getting my mile time down.

My mouth will be shut and my eyes and ears wide open. Thanks for having me.
Khyber is offline   Reply With Quote