View Single Post
Old 02-23-2005, 23:24   #4
Smokin Joe
Area Commander

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sacamuelas
  1. Squeeze an inch of skin between your thumb and two fingers, pulling the skin and fat away from the underlying muscle. (If you use a 5 millimeter needle to inject, you don't have to pinch up the skin when injecting at a 90° angle; with this shorter needle, you don't have to worry about injecting into muscle.)
  2. insert the needle
  3. Hold the pinch so the needle doesn't go into the muscle.
  4. Push the plunger in to inject in the heparin.
  5. Release the grip on the skin fold.
  6. Remove the needle from the skin.

Good luck and my sympathy to your wife for having to have Mr. Heavy hands aka Torguewrench Joe perform medicine on her after your display with the aimpoint mounts. LOL
I disinfected with an alcohol wipe, let it dry, then preformed the above by the numbers tonight but forgot to place it in the original post. However I did not aspirate

I would guess that the needle is approximately 10mm long so rough estimate is I placed 5mm into the abdomen, and the Doc directed me to give them to her in her abdomen, even though I sort of pushed for the arm or butt. But he wouldn't hear of it and said they could only be given in the abdomen.

Thanks for the sympathy Saca I feel for her too. The Doc originally wanted her to give the shots to herself (Ya, right) so I had to step up. I'm an all the way type of guy (you know do or do not there is no try) so its difficult for me to preform finess tasks such as giving shots....I need one of those air gun thingys to give shots.

In the future I might try and aspirate just to make sure that I'm good to go but I feel bad using her as a pin cushin. Hell it would be easier to do it to myself then to my wife.

Thank you for the help and feed back guys. It makes me feel more confident in what I have to do.
"This is the law: The purpose of fighting is to win. There is no possible victory in defense. The sword is more important than the shield and skill is more important than either. The final weapon is the brain. All else is supplemental." - John Steinbeck, "The Law"
Smokin Joe is offline   Reply With Quote