Thread: E & E Kit
View Single Post
Old 11-26-2005, 21:52   #7
SOC Tab
BANNED USER

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Reaper
This would seem to be a spin-off of the "Survive!" thread.

We are going to stay off of the classified portion of E&E here.

What do you have on you when you grab the bag? Weapons, ammo, clothing, 1st line/2nd line gear, etc.

Where are you conducting this op (denied, permissive, arctic, desert, woodland, etc.)?

How long do you need to live out of the bag?

Do I have to run with it, lay up and wait, or move long distances?

Why am I in an E&E mode (enemy action, vehicle crash, natural disaster, etc.)?

Are we fighting from the bag, living in the jungle, having to patch up crewmates, building an igloo, what?

Need more info to limit it to a dozen man-portable items.

TR
1.) I came across that while I was researching this topic. This thread should focus more on E&E gear, but I hope it draws as much thought and debate as that one.

2.) Agreed. This should be on kit, not tactics. But remember, what you learn at SERE should directly affect the items you choose to put in your bag for E&E.

3.) BDUs, a riggers belt, boots, a cap of sorts (boonie, baseball, nightwatch...whatever as long as its a soft-cap), a plate carrier w/SAPIs, a .45sidearm and 3 full mags, a chest rig with 4 full M4 mags...but NO M4, cans, a flashlight, a knife, and a pair of sun glasses.

4.) Varying terrain. Sporadic villages throughout, open desert in the S with high AM and low PM temps, valleys with vegetation and moderate AM/PM temps in the middle and high-rocky mountainous area from the NW to NE with moderate AM temps and freezing PM temps. There is snow at the higher elevations in the NW to NE. Let's say you're in the NW to NE part of country

5.) An unspecified amount of time. Sorry, you don't have the liberty to choose the exact time/place of extract as no one knows this event occured and what your situation is as of yet. Take this into account when choosing your pieces of kit.

6.) You should be prepared to do all of this with the bag.

7.) Could have been any of these scenarios, bottom line...it's attracted attention of hostiles in the immediate AO and they're now moving to contact. The bag is all you have time to grab before beginning E&E.

8.) Again, you should be prepared to do all of these things to succesfully E&E. You are alone.

I hope that is enough info for you TR, and anyone else whom wishes to take part in this think-tank if you will.
SOC Tab is offline   Reply With Quote