View Single Post
Old 12-05-2009, 17:17   #19
NoRoadtrippin
Guerrilla

Glad to see you guys are coming across all of this. If I had known some of the info wasn't out there for everyone I would have tried to put it out sooner.

I've worked at retailers carrying all of these brands for two to three years now. I would definitely promote Arc' stuff. I have eight or ten of their jackets and they are all fantastic. Their warranty is also pretty bombproof I had a Minuteman shell for about 4 years that began to come unlaminated at the cuffs. I called them, sent it in, and got a return call in about two weeks asking which jacket I wanted from the current line. So I got a brand new $450 jacket in exchange for one I had beat the crap out of for years. Pretty nice.

3point5 is the newest implementation of pro deals for employees of retailers. The shop signs up and then gives employees accounts. Employee signs on, watches some interactive slides and takes some quizzes on a given product line and then can order from that company. So it works for everyone as far as ease of pro dealing and getting more product knowledge out.

ProMotive used to be BroForm. 3point5 bought them out/took over. So now individuals or employees of shops/outdoor/gov't agencies can sign up and get deals. You sign up for "teams" based on your credentials. I am currently in the military team and a couple others. You can only be a member of up to 3 teams for free. After that, it costs $10 a year. Ordering as a member of this team or that supposedly encourages more manufacturers to support said team so the site says it behooves you to choose your teams wisely if you qualify for more than one. The nice thing is the number of brands you get in one spot. I think I have something like 40 companies I can buy from.

Outdoor prolink is another good one that has some higher end companies like MSR and MHW.

Hope some of this was helpful. The only thing I enjoy more than the Army is my time spent teaching/educating others in the Wilderness. Its a passion.
For Americans war is almost all of the time a nuisance, and military skill is a luxury like Mah-Jongg. But when the issue is brought home to them, war becomes as important, for the necessary period, as business or sport. And it is hard to decide which is likely to be the more ominous for the [terrorists] -- an American decision that this is sport, or that it is business.
-D. W. Brogan, The American Character
NoRoadtrippin is offline   Reply With Quote