View Single Post
Old 11-27-2016, 08:29   #12
cbtengr
Area Commander

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xingu View Post
I have just noticed this thread and I have never posted beyond my introduction on these forums. However, this is a thread that gives me cause to break my silence. I have spent most of my life in Rock Island. I am a firefighter and paramedic for Rock Island Fire Department currently.

I have had the honor of meeting Captain Albrecht and voted for him to take Mike Jacobs seat as Senator. I can tell you that no words can describe how strong and admirable this mans presence is. A true leader and quiet professional. My father who has known him far longer than I, informed me of his heroism and service in Vietnam after meeting him. I was only more astounded by the fact that until KWQC had covered his story that almost no one had heard of him other than a name on a political sign in the lawns of our community.

Even now, no matter how life deals its cards out I remember this story of Firebase Kate. It humbles me immensely, gives clarity to the chaos and evokes a fierce and determined sense of leadership. Let us hope to never be tested in such a way, but God grant us the ability to act as he did.
God bless em, the thing about most heroes is that you stand right next to them every day and you don't know it. Thank you for your service and your sacrifice Captain Albracht.