View Single Post
Old 08-17-2011, 11:54   #6
frostfire
Area Commander

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clay View Post
Anybody have any time in these? Look like beefy Nike's to me. Could be a great garrison/ light range boot. Been running the S2V's for a while, love them. Hopefully these turn out to be great for wear on those long admin days spent doing paperwork and "sensitivity" briefs.

http://www.uspatriottactical.com/roc...ght-boots.html
I got the boot, but first thing first, a hearty recommendation for uspatriottactical.com ! I'm in no way affiliated to them, just want to report an unheard of level of customer service. I ordered the boot (free next day shipping!!!), took it for a 6 miler, and saw some splitting on the side. I called them, was told to send it back for replacement. I got a replacement the next day! Once again, with free shipping!!! Truly by soldiers, for soldiers! I can't give praises and recommend uspatriottactical enough.

Now, the boot. The 2nd set I got, I superglued all around the sole based on previous experience. Also, if your middle toe is longer than the rest, a 1/2 size larger may be the way to go as the reinforced tox-box stitching in the front can be felt inside and it's rather coarse. Once you trot/ruck-run, blister on that area is guaranteed. I padded mine with a slick foam-wound dressing. Now it's flawless. wet dog is spot on on breathability. Sure it keeps the feet cool even at 105 degrees, but going through wet grass is enough to get your entire feet soaked! It doesn't dry fast either. You'd also feel rocks on your sole when you step on them. Durability-wise, it's definitely for POG wear. I'm a POG so I'm GTG After several 12 milers over sand/gravel, there's enough wear on the bottom that I could tell it's only good for perhaps 3 or 4 more trek. Oh, on wet surfaces, it is SUPER slick. No traction whatsoever. Even wet asphalt after rain would do it. It is very light and comfortable though. Running in them feels the same as running in tennis shoes. Once mindful of its trade-off's, I still highly recommend them.

"So we can suffer, and in suffering we know who we are" David Goggins

"Aide-toi, Dieu t'aidera " Jehanne, la Pucelle

Der, der Geld verliert, verliert einiges;
Der, der einen Freund verliert, verliert viel mehr;
Der, der das Vertrauen verliert, verliert alles.

INDNJC
frostfire is offline   Reply With Quote