View Single Post
Old 05-13-2011, 20:22   #15
MtnGoat
Quiet Professional

Quote:
Originally Posted by hotshot View Post
Generally speaking, we kept Shortage Annexes on hand at all times. This made inventories run easier. I have not seen any shortages filled though the Suppy system, however.

One time, we were deploying and could not get replacement dewalt batteries for our dewalt kit. They were listed on the BN "Do NOT buy list". I bought 4 from homedepot, and was reembursed through Team Fund. I never understood how we could buy 5000 dollars in SSSC that we didn't need, but could not spend 200 dollars on batteries that we NEEDED.

Back to the Last question. When I was the SR ENG,I always maintained updated Shortage annexes despite the issues we had with getting them filled. I made sure the team had what it needed, and that's what mattered to me. We didn't always have time to wait on the army.

CH

Far as I know, maybe a 92 MOS can fill us in, those Short annexes should be updated within PBUS-E so your shortages can be ordered though the military supply system.

Yeah I really hate the USASOC "Do NOT buy list" for things you have that are COTS and you can't get replacement parts. COTS replacement batteries is a GREAT Exampe of the broken system. Most "Do NOT buy list" items are because military people have abused the system. USASOC list is made up from these problems.

Quote:
I made sure the team had what it needed, and that's what mattered to me.
Yeap got to take care of business!!

One thing I hate about USASFC and USASOC DSOR process is one Group can get something approved off their DSOR while another can't get the same approved list. We test these water by taking another Groups approved DSOR for their OEF trip and submitted it as our ODA with all their CTA remarks and approvals and added about 50 new items across the broad. More that half was not approve within our Group to USASFC.

I really hate the way CA and MISO teams will have stuff down range on a OEF/OIF trip that both units DSOR went up at the same time but their went to USACAPOC. SFODAs do get items that CAT and MIST have.

History teaches that when you become indifferent and lose the will to fight someone who has the will to fight will take over."

COLONEL BULL SIMONS

Intelligence failures are failures of command [just] as operations failures are command failures.”

Last edited by MtnGoat; 05-13-2011 at 20:24.
MtnGoat is offline   Reply With Quote