View Single Post
Old 04-16-2014, 21:13   #12
frostfire
Area Commander

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flagg View Post
Would a Lodge Act 2.0 go some way in rectifying a language problem(as well as helping with additional capability)?

I assume the original Lodge Act was successful based only on anecdotes I've read about highly successful foreign born US Army SF often with multiple languages under their belt from Eastern European UW target countries.

I assume the utility/capability of Lodge Act 2.0 pers has potential to be a fair bit broader than native born US Army SF soldiers depending on the operational environment and at limited cost.

It's easy to see weaknesses in such an idea, particularly in terms of candidates from certain current/future UW target countries and how they can be properly vetted, but it's been done before(again I assume successfully with good bang for the buck).

As I understand it, the Lodge Act was put in place just before the Korean War, which I understand, bar the odd super-mega program such as B36/B52 and SuperCarriers was a financially constrained time for the guys carrying rifles at the coalface......a bit like today(lull in the conflict storm) maybe?
There is a "Lodge Act 2.0" already. It's called the MAVNI program. IIRC, 1SFG(A) benefit much from the additional capability and one of the volunteer, a Nepalese, even went on and became 18D. I told him he got gurkha blood in him. The other groups did not get much out of it IMHOO

"So we can suffer, and in suffering we know who we are" David Goggins

"Aide-toi, Dieu t'aidera " Jehanne, la Pucelle

Der, der Geld verliert, verliert einiges;
Der, der einen Freund verliert, verliert viel mehr;
Der, der das Vertrauen verliert, verliert alles.

INDNJC
frostfire is offline   Reply With Quote