View Single Post
Old 03-09-2011, 15:29   #9
lindy
Guerrilla Chief

Quote:
Originally Posted by silentreader View Post
If any of you are interested, the book- "Intelligence Analysis: A Target Centric Approach" lays out the framework for the network based approach to intelligence that the General talks about in this article.
I suppose it does but I would offer the insurgency was (is?) more organized like Bloods, Crips, MS13, etc. It's all about power and money with the occasional Jihadist mixed in. The Godfather trilogy and Sopranos were my homework when I first arrived in theater. Personalities and roles were equated to the fictional characters so the new guys could understand.

Follow the money.

The best thing to come out of the fusion in Mosul was commo: the ability of the civilian agencies ref'd by the General to push info directly to folks like Mountain Goat, either directly or via the SOT-As, is KEY.

Is this happening?

"There are times in your life you'll be required to perform an exceedingly difficult task to the best of your ability, regardless of your perceived capability. Mental toughness is what will carry the day during these times. In other words, you suck it up and do what you have to do." - Razor
lindy is offline   Reply With Quote