Thread: Introductions V
View Single Post
Old 09-20-2020, 09:05   #2587
sarahm1
Asset

Hello from North Carolina

Thank you to the originators of this site and to all of you who have served, or are serving, in our country’s military forces.

I have a respect and admiration for the men that served in our Special Forces, the sacrifices they have made for our country, and an interest in the history of their missions and deployments. I’m not a wannabe or a groupie.

I’ve always been interested in our country’s military history. Although I never served, someone in my ancestry had served in every major conflict since the Revolutionary War, most recently my brother having retired after 25 years in the Army. Sometime in the early-mid 1990’s I read the book “Green Berets at War”, and soon afterwards ran across a Vietnam War-era Special Forces recon team patch for sale, which I purchased. That got me started with collecting Army Special Operations items.

30 years later I have accumulated a fairly large collection of US Army Special Operations units insignia World War II to the present. My wife thinks I’m a fruitcake for accumulating all of this stuff.

I collect items pertaining to our US Army Special Operations units (Special Forces, Civil Affairs, PSYOPS, 160th SOAR, Rangers, UNPIK, SWCS, Merrill’s Marauders, FSSF, etc.) World War II to the present. I’m primarily interested in ODA team patches, metal insignia, yearbooks, guidons/flags/banners etc. I also collect US Army Parachute/Skydiving club patches.
sarahm1 is offline   Reply With Quote