View Single Post
Old 04-23-2012, 08:10   #6
Richard
Quiet Professional

Quote:
Originally Posted by dennisw View Post
This is an interesting perspective. I thought the purpose of education was to educate, to enlighten, not to prevent folks from seeing the world in black and white. I guess when you're truly educated, everything contains ambiguity. Memo to self, there are no right answers. Hey, I feel smarter already. I mean, I might feel smarter already.
I don't think she's saying that - I think the point she's trying to make is that, in reality, both exist; that to view the world entirely in one or the other can be dangerously misleading, particularly to those who practice the profession of arms, and an honest PME system should challenge its pupils to realize both.

Richard
“Sometimes the Bible in the hand of one man is worse than a whisky bottle in the hand of (another)… There are just some kind of men who – who’re so busy worrying about the next world they’ve never learned to live in this one, and you can look down the street and see the results.” - To Kill A Mockingbird (Atticus Finch)

“Almost any sect, cult, or religion will legislate its creed into law if it acquires the political power to do so.” - Robert Heinlein
Richard is offline   Reply With Quote