Thread: SOPC For All
View Single Post
Old 04-16-2013, 06:19   #6
Surgicalcric
Quiet Professional

SFPC was started by the National Guard to ready their version of 18X's for SFAS. The Army realized what a great program it was about the time the 18X program was ramped up and they took it over renaming it SOPC.

There was little difference in the two programs.

SFPC and SOPC were both open to prior service guys reenlisting with either an 18X contract or NG guys and from time to time you would catch a NG guy "auditing" the program prior to attending SFAS but this option wasn't available to AD guys. A couple years ago the idea was tossed around that all soldiers should attend SOPC prior to SFAS but at the end of the day it was decided that selection percentages/rates shouldn't be the driving force for this change and there are quite a few here who agree. Therefore, AD guys wishing to attend SFAS are responsible for their own training prior to attending.

There are plenty of resources across the web and available from the SF recruiting channels to assist a prospective SF candidate. If you are what we are looking for you will be successful at SFAS.

"Its not who I am underneath, but what I do that defines me" -Batman

"There are no obstacles, only opportunities for excellence."- NousDefionsDoc

Last edited by Surgicalcric; 04-16-2013 at 06:27.
Surgicalcric is offline   Reply With Quote