View Single Post
Old 02-05-2006, 08:33   #55
one-zero
Quiet Professional

Concur on previous 2 comments...which has born true for several folks who've mixed operational emphasis in training. many instructors out there who are great shots and help hone your "mechanical" skills have no business carrying their course-work into tactical scenario training. Some of the worlds best shots have been shut out of certain USG contracts - after coaching men on how to push the performance envelope, they were around to see us put it to practical use in scenarios...Some decided to institute some of what they saw (but didn't really understand) in to their training w/other entities. Everyone in the business has seen this to some extent, but no-where have I seen it more than in LEO venues - great Americans trying to do the right thing - but with bad poop.
Imagine a soldier who is going into an active situation w/this same poop and the inherent problem is magnified greatly...
BWIW, I'd love to see some of our tactics used by LEO, even once...
"Officer Jones, we understand the crackheads had hardened the main door, and you thought the spider-charge you heard the military uses on embassy walls might do the trick, but using helo-snipers to eliminate squirters fleeing the scene! you've gone too far this time mister..."