View Single Post
Old 03-01-2021, 12:42   #11
Box
Quiet Professional

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1stindoor View Post
...and this is why I make sure my coffee cup is out of reach and I hadn't just started drinking when I see something you've posted.
I'm not trying to judge what other people do with their coin - most of the time, you wouldn't even notice that the coin had holes in it unless someone told you. After all, how close do you examine a coin when it is tossed onto the bar? The bar isn't all that well lit anyway, you've been drinking, and quite honestly, by the time people start throwing coins around, do you really care what the coin looks like? If you already have two or seven shots of Jägermeister in your system and you see a coin on the bar with holes it it - are you going to quit drinking ?
HELL NO YOU AREN'T - and why should you?

Besides, a coin full of holes is great if you are just tossing it around at the beginning of a sporting event to see who goes first...

The question isn't about the perceived value of such a coin; they are worth their weight in dollar bills - "heads or tails; call it in the air" - that old chestnut - what do I care. (a little known fact for you 'gamblers' out there - but a coin with holes in it is more likely to land showing 'tails')
The real question is, would we want one of our close friends or family members to carry around a damaged coin ?

Verily I say to you - I think not.
Opinions stated in this post are solely those of the author, and in no way reflect the opinions or policies of The Department of Defense, The United States Army, The Royal Canadian Mounted Police, The Screen Actors Guild, The Boy Scouts, The Good, The Bad, or The Ugly. These opinions are provided purely as overly sarcastic social commentary and are not meant to be used for mission planning or navigation.

"Make sure your own mask is secure before assisting others"
-Airplane Safety Briefing

Last edited by Box; 03-01-2021 at 13:04.
Box is offline   Reply With Quote