View Single Post
Old 04-23-2018, 19:57   #6
TWITCHY
Guerrilla

Quote:
Originally Posted by bblhead672 View Post
That DHS site's documents, from the few I read, spend a lot of words appeasing Muslims while targeting white Americans as extremists.
Yes, sir. I gathered as much and have decided to form my paper around that critique. Along the same lines as your quote, they state that many Muslim communities and leaders object to the insinuation that members of their community are susceptible to extremism. Likewise, the term "Countering Violent Extremism" offends them--they prefer "building partnerships" and other semantic b.s. They also believe the government should not lead such programs, instead they believe their own communities and NGO's are better suited to do so (I assume they would choose CAIR as their preferred NGO for such a task).

If you are so inclined, the S.T.A.R.T database Profiles of Individual Radicalization in the United States - PIRUS (Keshif) is utilized to evaluate acts of terror and the individuals who commit terror in the United States. According to the database, "Far Right" radicalized groups and individuals commit more acts of terror than radical Muslims. I have not had time to look at the cases, but I am curious of the data points utilized to determine what "Far Right" means to them. I would agree most on here, as well as, many of my friends and family would fall in that category (although none have proven radicalized, yet).

Thank you for the input and replies.

Twitchy
TWITCHY is offline   Reply With Quote