Thread: From ROTC to SF
View Single Post
Old 12-09-2011, 16:46   #1
Rmack
Asset

From ROTC to SF

Hello All,

I'm currently a contracted cadet in Army ROTC, just looking for some suggestions in my situation. I am a sophomore and just finished my 3rd semester of college, I'm on full scholarship however every day I ask myself if it's all worth it.

I question whether this path will lead me to my dreams, to be SF.

I am in good standing as a cadet(3.4 GPA) and have no problems maxing a PT test, however I find that a majority of the kids in ROTC are just that, kids. It seems nobody takes things seriously.

Anyways, I wish to drop-out and try to pick up an 18x or something along the lines of that. Since I am contracted I have to pay back the money in full or repay with enlisted duty (if I payed in full I would enlist anyways). I'm just wondering how likely I am to even pick up an 18x. I don't want to end up getting an unwanted MOS. The only way I would take this risk is if I could be guaranteed the 18x, or even an option 40. Is it likely? I've been thinking about this for about a year now. Feel free to ask me any more questions about myself to get a better understanding as to where I'm at.

Thanks.
Rmack is offline   Reply With Quote