View Single Post
Old 02-26-2012, 12:13   #143
alright4u
Quiet Professional

Re: AAR's.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JYD73 View Post
Has anyone had any luck with the National Archives in researching MACSOG and the SOA missions? I have been searching for actual mission briefs and AARs for a particular mission. I had been told that these were mixed in with 5th Group Vietnam records, no luck so far. I’ve been told by others that those details are not there, but in different places if they still exist.

I did find this information on-line, approximately 2,000 pages of declassified material from the Vietnam Conflict. It is on the Department of Defense website. About half way down the list are a number of SOG documents.

http://www.dod.mil/pubs/foi/Internat...asiaDocuments/

I should also mention that the JFK Special Warfare Museum at Bragg is currently finishing a MACV-SOG exhibit. I saw it in the beginning stages, it is definitely worth going to see.
I can only state that all Omega and CCS cross border OPS AAR's were destroyed. In fact, the first CCS CO was stationed in the Pentagon from June 69-72 or so. He went to look up something for a friend. He was shocked that all our AAR's were missing.
alright4u is offline   Reply With Quote