View Single Post
Old 10-08-2018, 05:06   #25
Badger52
Area Commander

Quote:
Originally Posted by sfshooter View Post
Warrior D. you tell a good tale about our history. For anyone interested in some truth about some of the real badass gunfighters of the old west, please look to an author named Glenn Shirley. Most of his tales are about Indian Territory (Oklahoma) but more especially about the outlaws (Doolin-Dalton's) and the lawmen (Bill Tighlman and all the other US Marshalls) who have made our history books.
For those of you that read, Mr. Shirley has definitely done his homework.
Interesting to see this thread back. There does seem to be the taint of self-promotion in how the "history" determines who is regarded as noteworthy. I also wouldn't mind seeing a chronicle of men like Tilghman, Heck Thomas, Chris Madsen et al. If those guys or their colleagues got after you, you may as well just lay-up and wait for 'em to arrive & come along peaceable-like. Serious hombres, without the grifting.

If I ever cut loose from current duties & get back down Pat's way in a non-TDY situation I'd like to spend some more time exploring that area though.

The coin paid to enforce words on parchment is blood; tyrants will not be stopped with anything less dear. - QP Peregrino
Badger52 is offline   Reply With Quote