View Single Post
Old 03-10-2011, 08:22   #5
1stindoor
Quiet Professional

Latest news on the subject...
Quote:
ABC sparked outrage when they announced they were developing a pilot based on Kim Gatlin’s book, “Good Christian Bitches.”

Following last week’s FOX411 report, the American Family Association started a petition calling on “ABC and parent company Disney to drop all plans to air the anti-Christian program ‘Good Christian B-tches.’"

ABC has since changed the working title to “GCB,” but the AFA is undaunted.

"Our boycott has really resonated with television viewers – especially the Christian community – who are shocked and appalled that ABC/Disney would even consider airing such a program with anti-Christian content, anti-Christian bigotry and the insulting of the American Christian with this type of show,” Randy Sharp, director of special projects for the American Family Association, told FOX411. “The name of the show is offensive to Christians, it's insulting and demeaning, it's misrepresentative of the Christian community–not just that, I think it's insulting to all women.”

The petition is at 120,000 signatures and growing.

“As more and more people find out about it, they want to take action and speak out,” Sharp explained. “And this is one way they can make their voices heard with the executives at ABC."

The dramedy will be brought to life by “Sex and the City” and “90210” executive producer Darren Star. The plot centers on the life of reformed “mean girl” Amanda, played by “Talladega Nights” actress Leslie Bibb, who returns to her hometown of Dallas to find herself fodder for malicious gossip from the women in the Christian community.

While the title of the show may have been abbreviated, the gravity of insult has not, according to Sharp.

“I'm going to speak personally,” Sharp said. “Anyone would who would refer to my wife or my daughters as a 'B,' it would make me extremely angry and I think it's insulting in general for ABC to think that this is an appropriate word to use for females.”
http://entertainment.blogs.foxnews.c...t/?test=faces#
-TOMAHAWK9521
1stindoor is offline   Reply With Quote