View Single Post
Old 06-14-2008, 03:31   #19
85diver
Quiet Professional

I know im late to this discussion but i thought i would throw in my .02. i was able to shoot both the SCAR-L and SCAR-H when FNH came out to mckellers lodge one morning last year. it was pretty much all SF guys checking the wpns out and we all came up with a few common complaints. The FNH guys had the setup though, they knew what we liked and brought coffee and doughnuts from good ole krispy kreme. gotta love em for that.

one gripe was the charging handle, it comes back as the wpn fires and can be a pain in the butt.

another like stated above was the way the wpn felt in your hands. ergonomically incorrect is how I would put it.

we did like the m203 attachment though, it extends and cants either way making it a little easier to reload. i guess the regular m203 on an m4 works just fine though.

the SCAR-H felt good as it fired I thought. it really didn't have a terrible recoil at all but it still had the uncomfortable feel while holding it.

for any other scuba guys out there, the FNH guys said they tested it in UW ops and said when the divers broke the surface the wpn would fire accurately w/o shotgunning it as u might have to do occasionally with an m4 to clear the gas tube. I would rather just stick to my m4 personally, and when i need to reach out to touch something then i will grab an SR 25. Of course that is just my .02

jr