View Single Post
Old 08-26-2007, 09:22   #18
Jason17
Asset

I have a couple of preliminary questions on SOTA that will hopefully point me in the right direction for future inquiries. I wanted an idea on the general structure and where these people come from.

1. What MOS' are eligible, and what is the usual makeup of each on a team?

2. How many people are on a team? If it is a set number, what is the significance of that number?

3. I haven't been able to find much on the 11V identifier. According to my understanding, anyone who is in the 75th has an 11V identifier. Does this mean all SOTA members are part of the 75th but attached to different units? What is the difference between a 98G who is part of SOTA, or just a 98G attached to an SF team or a Ranger unit?

4. What are the physical requirements? Not necessarily how far should I be able to ruck, but things like health requirements and such. If you can pass an Airborne physical, are you good to go?

5. I realize being on one of these teams is not an MOS in and of itself, but is it similar to SF in that once you enter this portion of the Army, you can stay there, or do you spend a little while on one of these teams and get sent back to "normal" duty?

6. Who is in charge of recruiting for SOTA? When do people normally put in an application? During the initial training phase, a year after you are with your first unit, or perhaps longer?

7. Are there 9,000 ( arbitrary ) people in the Army trying to get on a team when there are only a couple dozen ( more arbitrarity? arbitraritiness? ) slots?

That is it for now. I am overflowing with questions but some information on these just might clear some things up. I also have some general 98G or other MOS questions as well.

On a side note, we had a guy at church today come back from Iraq and got a nice unplanned standing ovation this morning. Its not much, but it is good to see some people not affiliated with the Military appreciate what is going on in the world, and are not "supportive" of the Military simply because it would be political suicide to say otherwise. We are only about half an hour from FT. Hood so it is a pro military area.

I am also planning to call the local SF recruiter and ask him which MOS' are not allowed their SF chance.

I appreciate it.
Jason17 is offline   Reply With Quote