View Single Post
Old 04-22-2014, 19:12   #37
Doc Russell
Asset

Fat Albert,

It has been a long time ago. I was the Jr. Medic on A-362. If you have the team photo, (posted in the link below) I'm the one wearing the sunglasses behind your right shoulder. We also flew home on the same plane.

I've also been in touch with Spitfire, I talked to him the other day to thank him for the gifts he brought back from his travels to Long Hai and Cambodia. He hasn't changed a bit in all these years. I also spent a couple of days with Trashcan seven or eight years ago.

Because of the shortage of medics, I was also the Jr. Medic on A-364. Lt. Bowra was the team XO. Reunited with him out at Ft Lewis when he was head of JFK Center.

Castro, I remember you as well. I seem to recall you drove the APC on one of our operations on the other side of Ba Ria by Nui Ba Den ( I think) and a rubber tree plantation.
You were a cool guy, but that big fuckin' machine made so much noise, I was afraid we were gonna get hit. I just wanted you to leave and take it back to camp.

I don't check this site very often, in fact this is my very first post. Last time I was on and checked the was nothing about FANK and I haven't been back until now. I hope the link to below works. If not contact me back channel and I'll send you the link. I would like to hear from any FANK guys.

Jeff Russell
jeffandbethrussell@comcast.net
http://www.sflistteamhouse.com/scrap...fpix071404.htm
Doc Russell is offline   Reply With Quote