View Single Post
Old 04-22-2012, 09:28   #32
Sarski

For anyone that uses a credit union, or is contemplating the switch to a credit union, one of the great services they offer is called "shared branching," in which the CUs are all network branched yogether.

The advantage here is that you can access your account and take care of all your banking/credit union needs at just about any other credit union.

So, for instance, if I am with Navy Federal Credit Union, but I go on vacation to a city that does not have Navy Federal, but does have an Intouch, or a Small Town CU (I made that one up) or any other CU, chances are high that they will offer shared services between differing branches.

Not all CUs are set up for this, but a majority across the nation do offer shared branching. You will have to check with your CU (or the one you are planning on joining), and of course the one you may be using while not at your home CU. Just ask if they offer shared services or shared branching.

There are limits, such as withdraw max of $500 per day, and you can't open or close your account at a shared branch (you have to visit your home CU for that).

Last edited by Sarski; 04-22-2012 at 09:33.