View Single Post
Old 02-05-2013, 14:50   #2
Trapper John
Quiet Professional

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reynaldo Castro View Post
My name is Reynaldo Castro graduated SGT from USAIMA NCO Candidate Course at Ft. Bragg on 27 May 1971. Was sent to Vietnam in Jan 1972, primarily as an instructor to Forces Army National Khmer (F.A.N.K). That was my only crowning achievement in SF. Would like to make contact with SGT Benjamin Morales, Capt. Michael D. Munroe, or anyone that served at Long Hai Training Battalion.
If anyone would like to learn more about F.A.N.K. Here is a link to a Historical Study of our mission. Written by then LTC Kenneth R. Bowra. I understand he retired Major General in '05 . Here is that link to that study:
http://www.dtic.mil/cgi-bin/GetTRDoc?AD=ADA233669
Reynaldo- My screen name is the same as my call sign when I was at B36/USARVITG in '71 (A362). I was a medic at the camp. Tom Rowe was also there and later so was George Miller Knew Ken Bowra when he was the Phouc Tuy camp commander. I posted Bowra's discussion of the FID mission we had in another thread. Great read.

Been looking for SGM Johnny Miller too. Heard he was a preacher in TN. Connected with another Brother there at the same time. He was SGM Hillmann's right hand guy. Were you there when Hillmann shot himself in the foot? I think I remember you, but not sure.

I have been corresponding with some of the higher command for the USARVITG and FANK support programs. Very interesting shit!

Send me a PM with your email address and I can send you some pics and we can discuss all of this.

Great to hear from you. Welcome!