View Single Post
Old 01-21-2020, 20:42   #383
abc_123
Quiet Professional

Quote:
Originally Posted by Landslide View Post
I am really interested in this program and unfortunately I see that Blitzzz has passed away. Does anyone in this thread have a full copy of the methodology? I see that in another thread Blitz wrote a simplified version of his instructions, but I gather there is a PDF with more detailed instructions as well as an Excel spreadsheet, I would love to get those if anyone has them.

Landslide,

Just now seeing this.

I might have some stuff hanging around. I had some extensive back and forth with him about a decade ago (+-) and kept a bunch of stuff that I printed out in a manilla folder that I have hanging around somewhere in a box. I will look for it for you. However, I can tell you that you can gain a bunch of info if you sort through the entire Blitzz thread.

For a time, I was in a situation where I had the equipment access and motivation to give this methodology an honest shot. I kept a spreadsheet of detailed timings and weights, reps etc. I documented everything. It was tough because I never had a workout partner. It is hard to push yourself and move at the speed that your circuit requires to get any benefit, but it can be done. I never was able to get my lower body dialed in, though. However I can say that I did achieve upper body strength endurance levels way beyond what I ever experienced before or since. And this was after playing D1AA Football, serving 19-20yrs in the Army and serving in SF for over a decade. 10's more Pushup Reps without stopping than any other APFT in my career. Pullups? Way more than ever. All pretty freaky actually. Eventually life happened and I ended up without access to uncrowded gym equipment that is essential to keeping up the speed that you need....and I fell away from this.

Others may have had different experiences, and I am not qualified to debate the science. All I know is that I didn't hurt myself and that it worked for my upper body.

Recommend that if you try it and want the best results the fastest, you keep the circuits to a managable number of exercises (start small), focus on your upper body, and whatever you do, do not short-cut the startup and "break in" phase. Add weight and volume too fast and you will hurt yourself. Follow Blitzz's rules and you will be fine.

Good luck, and PM me if you want to talk specifics.

abc