View Single Post
Old 01-26-2015, 04:50   #1
JJ_BPK
Quiet Professional

Location: 18 yrs upstate NY, 30 yrs South Florida, 20 yrs Conch Republic, now chasing G-Kids in NOVA & UK
North Korea's Helix Magazine??

New/Old News: North Korea has a Helical style mag for their Type 88 rifle??

Has anyone any experience with this magazine?

Quote:
Several new developments in North Korean armaments can be witnessed amongst the recent flow of propaganda released by Pyongyang after Kim Jong-un’s ascension to power. One such development is what appears to be a new magazine model for the North Korean copy of the AK-74, the Type 88. This new magazine uses a staggered helix design, which allows for a high number of 5.45 x 39 mm cartridges to be carried without the notable increases in size and unwieldiness that characterise many other high capacity magazines.

http://www.armamentresearch.com/nort...-ak-magazines/
That mag has got to be a PITA to use.

The text say it may weights in at 2KG or 4.5 lbs empty. Add 100-150 rounds and it will be closer to 10lbs. The round shape with no grip area will make it very cumbersome to mount to your shoulder..

I have one of their 40rd banana mags, I picked up in a trade. It is useless. The lowest to the ground you can get is sitting. It sticks down like a big dildo, girls like it, but don't want to try it. I think that is the same case here?

Looking at the pics on line,, It may be a mag for a shorter pistol round, adapted to the AK action??
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Helicalmag1.jpg (60.4 KB, 109 views)

"May you be a half hour in heaven before the devil knows you’re dead"
JJ_BPK is offline   Reply With Quote