View Single Post
Old 07-07-2017, 10:17   #14
Box
Quiet Professional

Quote:
Originally Posted by stitches View Post
first off, thanks for everybodies service and all that

looking forward to signing up and getting through the pipe line, but i have always really wanted to be the best of the best… of the best lol. so my question is, after going through all the phases, how long do I have to be on the A team before I can go to CAG (btw CAG is the real name for Delta force) is there a time limit I have to wait there before taking the next step?

I would like to get to get through halo school first so thats a couple of months, but how much longer after that? maybe I am putting the carrot in front of the horse but part of what makes me successful is being so driven, I’m pretty sure that’s what there looking for.

stitches over and out

Stitches,
Don't let these grouchy old bastards deter you. You are a young man with plenty to offer and most of these old guys haven't seen action since the Battle of Thermopylae.

They all mean well, they are just trying to recapture their youth - they live vicariously through guys like you and me - we've still got plenty of youth and energy, while most of these old dawgs rely on 'blue-pills' and 'vitamin-M' just to get through the day.

Dude… recruiters don’t tell you all of the story and these old geezers have been out so long that they don’t realize how much things have changed!!!
You don’t need a contract to get what you want – if you want to go to airborne school, you can do that shit from boot camp. Once you get past phase-3 of recruit training, just tell your DI’ that you need to fill out a DA-4187 to become a paratrooper – BAM – you’ll go to jump school from boot camp. (wait until you complete phase-3 or instead of filling out a 4187’ your DI will put you on KP duty for trying to jump the gun).

ALSO… don’t be a dumbass and fall for that “11 bang-bang” sales pitch. If you get hurt or something goes wrong, you are fucked – and you get nothing. Remember – you are going to talk to your Drill Instructor about going to airborne school and the SF Q-Course on your way to Delta. 11-bang-bang has SHIT for bonus money right now. You could earn up to $40,000 in cash bonuses just for enlisting as a PATRIOT Fire Control Enhanced Operator/Maintainer (MOS 14E). Once you bank the bonus, you can drop your DA-4187 for selection; since SF is a shortage, you’ll get to keep the bonus money.

Think long range bruh’ – use that bonus money to buy a Glock and a ton of 9-mil ammo to train with. That will give you a head start for the high speed pistol shooting skills you will need when you make the move to Delta.

Lastly… you don’t have to be a Ranger or SF guy to find a job in Delta. Once you graduate from jump school, you can apply directly to Delta for whatever job you want…

Good Luck !!!
Opinions stated in this post are solely those of the author, and in no way reflect the opinions or policies of The Department of Defense, The United States Army, The Royal Canadian Mounted Police, The Screen Actors Guild, The Boy Scouts, The Good, The Bad, or The Ugly. These opinions are provided purely as overly sarcastic social commentary and are not meant to be used for mission planning or navigation.

"Make sure your own mask is secure before assisting others"
-Airplane Safety Briefing
Box is offline   Reply With Quote