View Single Post
Old 08-23-2013, 07:03   #98
swatsurgeon
Guerrilla Chief

Quote:
Originally Posted by PiterM View Post
Here's my personal (me & family) medical kit, which I take on any outdoor trip, ride, walk, hike etc. I divided it to two pouches, which are very easy to attach to any of my backpacks via MOLLE attachments. In the pics below attached to me smallest backpack, MR Spartan. Of course if the backpack is bigger than it's even easier to attach. And (of course) all of my backpacks have MOLLE panels. The pouches are long version of Trauma Pouch from ITS Tactical.

Pouch #1 -> Trauma Kit (marked with medical cross and red tab for easy recognition)
- Olaes Modular Bandage
- CELOX
- gloves, trauma shears
- chemical light stick (white) so that I'm never without emergency light
- bandaids, antibacteria swabs, small burns gel
- small antiallergy steroids for kids (just in case)

Pouch #2 -> Adrenaline Kit (black ITS logo pouch)
- EpiPen autoinjector for severe or life-threatening allergy reactions (after multiple bee bites in vital areas like neck etc.). I travel with small kids, who have never been bitten by a bee, so it's "just in case" device.
- I keep it in foam padded Peli case to protect against elements and overheating.

So that's it. My medical kit to deal with bleedings & allergy shocks. From small cust to life-threatening accidents on the trial. If I miss anything important - please, let me know.
Where's the tourniquet???
Celox?? How about combat gauze as a better choice (personal experience)
'Revel in action, translate perceptions into instant judgements, and these into actions that are irrevocable, monumentous and dreadful - all this with lightning speed, in conditions of great stress and in an environment of high tension:what is expected of "us" is the impossible, yet we deliver just that.
(adapted from: Sherwin B. Nuland, MD, surgeon and author: The Wisdom of the Body, 1997 )

Education is the anti-ignorance we all need to better treat our patients. ss, 2008.

The blade is so sharp that the incision is perfect. They don't realize they've been cut until they're out of the fight: A Surgeon Warrior. I use a knife to defend life and to save it. ss (aka traumadoc)
swatsurgeon is offline   Reply With Quote