View Single Post
Old 12-02-2010, 18:44   #6
JJ_BPK
Quiet Professional

Location: 18 yrs upstate NY, 30 yrs South Florida, 20 yrs Conch Republic, now chasing G-Kids in NOVA & UK
From Wolfgang-bang's blog..

Quote:

Women in the US Military: New Status?

Contrary to general public knowledge, women have served as active war-fighters in combat in the US Military since the formation of the United States.

In many cases, their heroic participation was kept from the history books but recently there was an announcement by the US Military that women will now be considered as standard US combat personnel. This is odd as something old is being called “new.”

For nineteen years since 1968 I had top professional soldiers who were also women on my combat Teams where they performed equally with the men, and my teams recorded approximately the same number of outstanding performances in active combat for both sexes.

I fought beside women in combat who, because of their outstanding bravery and in some cases, sacrifice, deserved the Congressional Medal of Honor but were not awarded it. Israel has had women warfighters in their military forever where they serve with honor, and so have many other nations.

Women served with distinction in US active combat units operating in Europe against the Nazi forces there, but received little or no recognition. Wouldn’t it be nice if this announcement of a “new” status for women war-fighters also honored the women who have served with heroic dedication who were overlooked in the past?

While I’m sure that won’t happen because the PTB (Powers That Be) won’t admit to that grand mistake, it’s well past time that women who serve in the US Military are recognized as high-quality professional soldiers, openly decorated for their bravery and efficiency in combat, and thanked for their service and sacrifice equally with men.

Women play FPS games with valor and success, echoing their soldier counterparts, and they fight just as well as the professional women soldiers I describe in my book, BEYOND THE CALL OF DUTY: GUNFIGHT! Women are also more efficient in planning strategy under fire than men, in many cases.

In fact, I believe it is important that female Gamers continue to perform with distinction in Game World, thereby leading the path to recognition for woman soldiers serving in Real World combat today!

November 30th, 2010 | Wolfgang Hammersmith | No Comments |

"May you be a half hour in heaven before the devil knows you’re dead"
JJ_BPK is offline   Reply With Quote