View Single Post
Old 03-22-2012, 15:33   #14
JJ_BPK
Quiet Professional

Location: 18 yrs upstate NY, 30 yrs South Florida, 20 yrs Conch Republic, now chasing G-Kids in NOVA & UK
Quote:
Originally Posted by Capt_G View Post
As a JSOTF-P vet I'd personally like to thank those responsible for helping to undermine the good thing going on down there. (heavy, heavy sarcasm here, I'd like to do something rather than 'thank')

http://abcnews.go.com/blogs/headline...ror-op-report/
The US allows it's military contractors to sell their wares to our friends. From smart bombs to UAV's,, so the article is stating nothing new.

Quote:
Secret US Role Revealed in Anti-Terror Op: Report
Email 1 Smaller Font Text Larger Text | Print

It turns out such suspicions may have been well founded. According to a new report by The Associated Press, four Filipino officials said that while their antiquated turboprop aircraft did carry the explosive payload to the camp, it was American-provided “satellite-guided” smart bombs that struck so accurately.

The AP reported the bombs were the product of a confidential military assistance deal involving U.S. defense contracting giant Raytheon Company, which makes kits capable of converting “dumb” bombs into GPS-guided smart ones that could be launched from the turboprop planes.

In addition to the high tech bombs, some of the officials told the AP an American surveillance drone overhead provided thermal imaging after the strike.

The new AP report comes just days after Filipino President Benigno Aquino said his country was increasing its military capabilities in part to fight terrorism but said it is “not getting any offensive capability from the Americans.”

A spokesperson for Raytheon declined to comment for this report and representatives for the Defense Department’s Pacific operations and Special Operations Command did not immediately return requests for comment.
I would be surprised if the US didn't HELP many of our current allies with the purchase of advanced technology.

You got's money,, We got's toys...

"May you be a half hour in heaven before the devil knows you’re dead"

Last edited by JJ_BPK; 03-22-2012 at 18:35.
JJ_BPK is offline   Reply With Quote