View Single Post
Old 03-28-2019, 20:20   #1143
Badger52
Area Commander

Quote:
Originally Posted by WarriorDiplomat View Post
They are very close to making the red flag bill law here in Colorado....many of the sheriffs are against it and ours here in El Paso as well as others are prepared to sue the state if it gets through and here I El Paso co. Colorado the Sherriff Bill Elder has stated he will not enforce the law and has stated he expects to be jailed for not enforcing it....what is good to hear is he seems to know the Constitution well and stated that he has a responsibility to stand against overreach of the government against this very law as implied in the Constitution
Good on your Sheriff. That is a further step than most rhetoric (often hollow) when someone steps up, clearly acknowledging the possible consequences. How many of his professional colleagues, I wonder, understand that "just following the law" didn't work out well at Nuremburg either. I wish him well.

The coin paid to enforce words on parchment is blood; tyrants will not be stopped with anything less dear. - QP Peregrino
Badger52 is offline   Reply With Quote