View Single Post
Old 04-14-2018, 15:00   #24
Papa Zero Three
Quiet Professional

Quote:
Originally Posted by turboprop View Post
The top-level civilian shooting instructors don't try to mix tactics with their instruction because they know their audience. They understand the huge value they provide in teaching guys to shoot more accurately, faster. It sells itself and there is no reason to try to teach "tactics" to the guys that invented and continue to innovate them. It would be awkward to say the least.

I think it's short-sighted to judge guys from outside the military based on how much combat they've been in-or shut them down if they haven't "gone to war." Do you apply the same logic to your sports and conditioning coaches? Climbing guides? Driving instructors, combatives, et al?

I would be very surprised to surprised to hear anyone that's actually spent a day on the range being taught by Leatham, Miculek, Sevigny, Voigt (RIP) etc say that they had nothing to offer them because they weren't tactical. If you're willing to open up to people that aren't in your peer group you'll be amazed at what you might learn.

^^^^THIS^^^

I never heard Latham, Barnhart , Garcia, or any of the other top shooters that were brought out to teach members of my unit ever try to teach tactics,and to be clear, I mean tactics as in military tactics, not competitive shooting tactics. In fact, most of them will tell you up front, at the beginning of the class "I don't teach tactics, that's for you guys to figure out. I'm here to teach you how to improve your shooting"

If you are one of the guys who still buys into the old dogma of "avoid comp shooting, it'll get you killed in the streets", you need to get with the times and recognize that comp shooting is a force multiplier in improving your shooting.

It's not a replacement for sound tactics or combat shooting, they are mutually exclusive. Think of it as weight lifting and cardio, doing both will increase your overall performance, but neither is a replacement for the other.

In fact, you would be hard pressed to find ANY current tactical trainer today( Lamb, Proctor, Pannone, Pat Mac, etc) that will tell you that comp shooting is detrimental to improving ones skills. To quote Pannone,"if you cannot differentiate when you are shooting a competition and when you are in a gun fight and which skills to apply, you shouldn't be carrying a gun". ( video source: https://www.facebook.com/CTTSolution...7058838305688/)

***We have drifted off of the original topic of this thread completely with this line of discussion, which was the question of CAR, not Taran, Reeves, who they're friends with, what the name of their company is, or if they can shoot targets at distance, etc.***

If you wish to pick something apart, it should be CAR, Paul Castle and Aaron Cohen ( Israeli guy who teaches Hollywood this shit) (source: https://www.cherriescounterterror.com/pages/about-us)

Last edited by Papa Zero Three; 04-16-2018 at 17:14.
Papa Zero Three is offline   Reply With Quote