View Single Post
Old 06-09-2006, 03:02   #53
DefRev
Asset

Welcome aboard to you, as well, sir. I see you joined PS after I did.

With all due respect, Mr. Masters, I must say that I find it troubling that the "acting product manager for Interceptor Body Armor" is in charge of testing SOV/Dragon Skin body armor, considering that SOV-3000 Level IV Dragon Skin appears to be the #1 threat to the Interceptor Body Armor/ESAPI program. How do you avoid a conflict of interest, there?

Also, why do you not recommend SOV-3000 Level IV Dragon Skin for use against 7.62x54R AP ammo? It's my understanding that you didn't shoot the SOV-3000 with any type of 7.62x54R during the latest tests. If my information is correct--and please let me know if it isn't, as I realize that's possible--how can you know? With regard to the 7.62x54R, did you test the ESAPI (Level IV) plate against the 7.62x54R round, specifically, or did you test it against a surrogate? I'm not asking for any test data/results.

It's also my understanding that the ESAPI's magnesium backing burns pretty intensely when it gets hit with an API round (The SOV-3000 Dragon Skin doesn't have this problem.). So, if the enemy is armed with PKMs and 7.62x54R API ammo, even if the operator's ESAPI plate stops the round, he's still going to get burned pretty severely, right? Magnesium burns pretty hot.

TS, since you've already identified me to Mr. Masters (above), and he's already addressed me by my last name (and visited my site), you mean the next time I reply to a different person or in a different thread, right? Just in case you don't...

I'm the owner/editor of DefenseReview, Mr. Masters.

Last edited by DefRev; 06-09-2006 at 03:56.
DefRev is offline   Reply With Quote