View Single Post
Old 10-20-2019, 11:15   #6
frostfire
Area Commander

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cenetix View Post
I see this post is a little old, but I’m going to add my relevant experience. I’m also active duty at Fort Bragg and over the summer I had bone marrow aspirated stem cells and amniotic membrane injected into both my knees at Womack on Fort Bragg. These treatments are being done; no need to travel to Panama. However, your mileage may vary depending on what you are trying to accomplish. Don’t expect miracles. These procedures would have cost $40k per knee private sector, but they didn’t do anything for me. Ergo, I’m glad I didn’t waste $80k of my own money chasing the dragon.
Thank you for sharing the experience. I’ve been following this therapy option for years as I plan to get it myself. The concern is the one done in US cannot be stem cell rich source due to FDA limitation of fetus-derived product. Also afaik there’s no way to control the cells to generate into cartilage only n not into bones, which worsens the condition. Thus the only thing left is the anti inflammatory (pain reduction) benefits. You did not experience that either?

"So we can suffer, and in suffering we know who we are" David Goggins

"Aide-toi, Dieu t'aidera " Jehanne, la Pucelle

Der, der Geld verliert, verliert einiges;
Der, der einen Freund verliert, verliert viel mehr;
Der, der das Vertrauen verliert, verliert alles.

INDNJC
frostfire is offline   Reply With Quote