View Single Post
Old 07-18-2020, 12:06   #10
cbtengr
Area Commander

Quote:
Originally Posted by PRB View Post
You can get cramps from under hydrating and from over hydrating.... I work outside in 110 degree's here in Az and do not drink anywhere near that much.

We've had SFAS candidates stroke out from to much hydration too.

Not saying that's it but you have an imbalance of some type....you should get some blood work done when you are in that kind of distress.
I can appreciate what you are saying, I do not drink a gallon in a short period of time but over the course of 6-8 hours. I know it is hot in AZ, when you are working do you also sweat like crazy? From what I gather a persons body handles a lot of water per hour. Hard to find a consensus as to intake, eight 8 oz. glasses seems to be a rule of thumb but then again I read where you cannot drink too much, not buying that theory. I have to find a balance.

Perigrino: I got some Drip Drop will have to find a cheaper place to purchase other than Walgreens. Very pleasant taste, I need to define when I am dehydrated vs. no longer dehydrated. The box says an adult can have up to 16 8oz. serving per day that would be a gallon. At what point do you find yourself taking it? And how much do you take over any period of time.

Jim P Definitely will look into upping the magnesium and potassium levels. I have never been a nutrition follower, I just eat. Can I take supplements and have them be just as effective or do I need to get these nutrients from food?

I appreciate all the replies, thanks!